Man, I feel like life has been so crazy! Nothing really super exciting going on, but haven't had much time to update! Can't believe it's been almost 2 weeks since I've updated.
First & foremost, please pray for one of my dearest friends & recovery from surgery. She gets the results next week + I am praying for amazing results! I will update more once the results are here, just so I don't jinx anything! So please keep her in your prayers & thoughts!
Today was a really great day! Two exciting things happened! One, I got a 2nd job! I have been wanting a second job to save extra money for a LONG time now, and haven't been really on top of it, and so finally something fell into my lap! I will actually be working for my church, Oasis, doing childcare for special events! It works out great, because a) it's not a huge time committment & b) it's just whenever I am free to help at the events. Love it! I'm so excited, and I'm actually starting tomorrow! :) In addition to that, my other 2nd little side job, of walking a neighbors dog twice a week, should be starting up again soon! So that should be good! Two little side jobs to save up some extra money! :)
My 2nd exciting thing that happened to me, is that I was asked to speak about Social Justice at a womens conference in April. I am so excited! As you all know, I am passionate about social justice + volunteering + attempting to change the world, all that I can ~ so I am really eager for the opportunity to talk about this! I cannot wait!! :)
In other news, I am just focused on getting organized, prioritizing/time management, & saving for my big move! I am planning to move in March or April, into a bigger place that allows dogs! I cannot wait to have a bigger place, so that I can have people over, entertain, have a dog, etc. I have been researching places for months, maybe even for a year now... so I could not be more excited! I will keep you updated once I find a place!
Aside from that, just been busy volunteering + spending time w/friends. I volunteered last weekend at our Saturday social justice event @ church -- which I haven't been to in a while, so that was really good to see everyone + serve in that way. We were assembling gift packages for Treasures (www.iamatreasure.org) - an amazing organization that our church partners with. I was responsible for writing out Valentine's Cards for the women so that was a lot of fun, considering my Hallmark addiction! Spent Sunday morning volunteering with my preschoolers, which is always fun. And then the afternoon at the beach doing laundry. I love that I get to do laundry at the beach house. I enjoyed an afternoon of relaxing + reading. Loved it. And wrapped up the weekend with movie night. Saw the Blind Side which is AMAZING! So inspiring. :) And in between got to hang out with friends, so it was a great one. The weekend before, I volunteered with Much Love Animal Rescue both days & had a blast with all our cute new doggies.
This has been a great week so far! Tonight I'm getting my hair cut, so that's exciting. Tomorrow is the first day doing childcare at Oasis. Friday I have dinner w/friends, Saturday I am volunteering with the Social Justice team at church, and then headed to Ventura to visit my friend that we are praying for above, and then dinner with another friend. Can't wait! It's been since before Christmas since I've been to Ventura. January has been a crazy busy month in LA so I haven't had much time to get back. And then Sunday I will be busy with the preschoolers & meetings at church. Should be a good one. Looking forward to an amazing week/weeekend.
I hope all is well with everyone! I still have a hike to post about, and am hoping to do another hike this Sunday - so hopefully next week I will post both. I am planning out my menu for the weekend/next week, so I am hoping to get organized & cook often! I need to be cooking at home at least 3 nights a week + so I need to plan everything out & get better about that! And..hopefully I will have some time Sunday to finally start my Cupcake Project. Will keep you all posted.
P.S ~ Still praying for Haiti too! Please keep them in your thoughts & prayers. I am really hoping that I will get to go there to visit and volunteer sometime this year. If not Haiti, then I have plans in store to do one of the following trips: India, Israel, or Guatemala. Trying to figure it all out + will post updates once plans are underway. Mexico trip is March 13th, so I am super excited about that!
Sending lots of love.
xoxo
Recent media: 20 Inspiring Women in Food
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment