Thursday, January 7, 2010

Random Thoughts ~ Top 10 of 2010

Hi Everyone!
Hope you are all having a great week :) Can't believe how quick it's flying by! Hopefully your first official week of 2010 is off to a bang!

I am really looking forward to this new year + all that it will bring. I am really trying to live in the moment and try new things and continually expand my hobbies, etc. Some of the areas that have and continue to be a focus are: learning to cook/trying new recipes & hiking more frequently. In addition, some new things I hope to try this year are: gardening, quilting, and writing more. I also hope to get back into scrapbooking and catch up on albums that are long past due!! I still need to do my Africa trips + Indonesia. I want to get better at taking pictures more often + also actually printing them + organizing them! This digital era is great - except for the fact that I almost never print the pictures I take! :) As always, I want to read more challenging books and continue learning. I am always thinking about going back to school, but haven't decided what exactly that I want to study.. And lastly, my passion to travel hasn't left. It's only a question of where and when... the planning and dreaming about destinations is ever present. This year, I am hoping to get to Israel to see my friend Rachel that is living there and teaching dance. In addition, I am hoping to either go to Italy or Costa Rica. My goal is to do two, one week trips vs. one two week trip. My list of places to visit is always growing, and it's so hard to only cross off one place each year! My dream would be to do much more traveling... just gotta figure out a job that will let me do that. :)

I love having goals, and I love that at the start of each new year we get to make new ones + focus on improving for the better. Forget resolutions, just focus on how you can live life to the absolute fullest + live out your dreams :)

I saw this on a few other blogs, a top 10 in 2010 list, of things that you wish to do in the year... Here are mine:

Top 10 Goals/Dreams for 2010:
1) Go on at least two big trips (two, one week trips) Israel, Costa Rica, and/or Italy.
2) Save money, budget.
3) Adopt a dog.
4) Write a book.
5) Cook a new recipe each week.
6) Go on at least one hike per month.
7) Take on one new hobby: quilting, gardening?
8) Go skydiving.
9) Go on at least 4 camping trips!
10) Complete scrapbooks -- Africa, Indonesia + trips that I take in 2010

Kind of a random list, but these are things I have been thinking about for a while, and what better time then now? I challenge you to make a list, and to accomplish all that you set out to do and dream about.

Live.Laugh.Love
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment