Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Hello :)

Hello Blog World :)

So sorry that I have been missing in action. I don't even know what has gone in during the past month or so- but I guess I will update with life, here and now.

Life is good. Busy as always with work & church stuff. Also working on planning a Casino Night Fundraiser for Cancer Hope Foundation (the organization that I am on the Board of Directors for). Need to get back to hiking - I haven't been hiking in FOREVER. I miss it so much! All this rain messed it all up. I also need to get my cooking game plan back in action & get on that. This weekend I hope to take some time to organize, clean, and plan meals, and HIKE. That would be blissful :) Going to see Alice & Wonderland this Friday night with friends, so I'm looking forward to that. Also have a big celebration with the family on Saturday to celebrate my mom, step dad, & grandmas birthdays. My mom & step dad turned 60--whew! I feel old just saying that my parents are 60 :) ha ha ha..

Last weekend was good. Got some relaxing in, did my 2nd job of childcare at church, and went to Ventura to see some friends. It was really fun - aside from driving in the rain to get there. :)

Two exciting things that are going on --

1) I am planning & preparing for the Rubies N Pearls conference that I am speaking at! www.rubiesnpearls.com I am so excited about this opportunity to talk about an issue that is SO close to my heart -- Social Justice! Not sure exactly what I will be speaking on, but I hope to inspire and motivate the women at the conference to make a difference in the world. :) Can't wait!!

2) I am going to HAITI! I will be traveling to Haiti in May, to assist with the relief effots - with a non profit Christian organization. I can not wait! This will be such an amazing opportunity to serve those in need - and I'm sure an absolutely incredible experience. A friend of mine that is a doctor went a couple of weeks ago with this same organization, and said that it was incredible. I will keep everyone posted on details and fundraising efforts. I will probably be fundraising for my trip, and also collecting supplies for the trip. The person I spoke with from the organization said that we will be taking supplies out to assist with aid- like toothbrushes/toothpaste along with medical supplies, etc. So it is very exciting!!! I am starting my countdown for May!

Aside from that - I am just focused on moving in to a bigger place. My NY dreams will be put off and/or on hold. There is just too much going on here that I want to be around for- so I don't think that moving that far away would be good. I'd spend all of my money flying back home for special events! There are lots of weddings & babies coming up - and I definitely want to be around for those :) So that's where I am at with that. One day - hopefully I will live there and/or have a job where I can travel there often for work :) Until then... I need a better place to live! I have been wanting to move for umm.. years now... So I am hoping to get that done! I cannot wait to have a bigger place where I can entertain people and have parties. I love hosting game nights, wine nights, dinner parties, etc. and have not been able to do that in 2 years now. Uggh! Not to mention the primary reason why I am moving -- to get a dog! I have seriously been waiting and planning on getting a dog for over 3 years now, and want to make that dream a reality this year! hopefully within the next couple of months!! The non profit organization I volunteer with, Much Love Animal Rescue- has some really, really cute new dogs. I fell in love with Scorpio. Go see him at: www.muchlove.org. Crossing my fingers that I can get a place quick and that he's still available to adopt by then! :)

Other than that... trying to plan a vacation for 2010. Obviously Haiti will be my main focus -but I hope to get away for another trip too.. I am looking into Italy and/or Costa Rica. Italy - because I'm Italian, and have wanted to go there -FOREVER! and would LOVE to see all the historical sites and see the history there... and Costa Rica, because it's beautiful too - and much cheaper/closer than Italy. So choice 1 is Italy & 2 is Costa Rica. Of course, I am always open and exploring other options! Those are just the focus places for now. :)

Life is good.. I can't complain. I have amazing friends & family, and great opportunities to travel and serve in the world. I love it! Looking forward to all the next adventures that life will bring.

Sending lots of love your way..
xoox

No comments:

Post a Comment